As a speaker, you’ve probably heard this advice: “Be vulnerable. It will help your audience connect with you.”
But when does being vulnerable cross into TMI? After all, you want to engage your audience and Own the Room –– not clear it!
In this episode, Deirdre Van Nest shares two ways to show vulnerability that builds trust, likeability, and connection with your audience. You will learn how to serve your audience with every story you tell (and avoid sharing too much information!).
- The benefits of showing vulnerability in a professional business setting
- Top reasons to share your life experiences with your audience
- What gratuitous vulnerability is (and reasons to avoid it)
- How to demonstrate vulnerability, connection, and humanity through storytelling
- And more
- Crazy Good Talks®: 4. How to Grab Attention from the First Words Out of Your Mouth
- Crazy Good Talks®: 5. Is Storytelling in Your Sales & Relationship Building Toolkit?
- Crazy Good Talks®: 6. Is Storytelling in Your Sales & Relationship Building Toolkit? Part 2
- Crazy Good Talks®: 17. Got “Virtual Fatigue”? A 4-Part Formula for Keeping Your Audience AND Yourself Energized During Virtual Presentations: Part 1
- Crazy Good Talks®: 18. Got “Virtual Fatigue”? A 4-Part Formula for Keeping Your Audience AND Yourself Energized During Virtual Presentations: Part 2
- “Playing to Win: How Strategy Really Works” by A.G. Lafley and Roger L. Martin
Connect With Crazy Good Talks®:
- 1 (952)-451-0172
- Crazy Good Talks®
- LinkedIn: Deirdre Van Nest
Podcast: Play in new window | Download