Do you want to know the secret behind the success of Michael Kitces, one of the most sought-after speakers and thought leaders in his industry?
Through consistency, practice, and following specific communication strategies, Michael has become the legend he is today.
In this episode, Michael talks to Deirdre and reveals the strategies he uses to improve as a speaker, the most powerful medium to establish yourself as a thought leader (it’s not what you think!), and why if his whole business blew up, his email list is all he would need to get started again (the same is true for you).
Deirdre Van Nest and Michael Kitces discuss:
- Michael’s process for improving as a speaker
- The importance of business storytelling in presentations
- How to engage your clients and find relevant stories with a strong takeaway
- His ‘must-do’s for creating a successful digital empire
- The most powerful medium to establish yourself as a thought leader
- And more
- Michael Kitces
- XY Planning Network
- New Planner Recruiting
- FA BeanCounters
- Financial Advisor Success podcast
- The popular financial planning industry blog Nerd’s Eye View.
Connect With Michael Kitces:
Connect With Crazy Good Talks®:
About Our Guest:
Michael Kitces is the Chief Financial Planning Nerd at Kitces.com, dedicated to advancing knowledge in financial planning and helping to make financial advisors better and more successful.
In addition, he is the Head of Planning Strategy at Buckingham Wealth Partners, the co-founder of the XY Planning Network, AdvicePay, New Planner Recruiting, fpPathfinder, and FA BeanCounters, the former Practitioner Editor of the Journal of Financial Planning, the host of the Financial Advisor Success podcast, and the publisher of the popular financial planning industry blog Nerd’s Eye View.
In 2010, Michael was recognized with one of the FPA’s “Heart of Financial Planning” awards for his dedication and work in advancing the profession.